Friday, July 31, 2015

ARC Review: How To Say I Love You Out Loud by Karole Cozzo


Title: How To Say I Love You Out Loud
Author: Karole Cozzo
Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Publication date: August 4th, 2015
Source: Publisher
Format: Paperback

Thanks to Swoon Reads for sending me an ARC of this book! This doesn't affect my opinions about this book in any way.


Synopsis

Words are strong. Love is stronger. 

When Jordyn Michaelson’s autistic brother joins her at her elite school, she’s determined not to let anyone know they're related. Even if that means closing herself off to all her closest friends, including charming football stud Alex Colby. But despite her best intentions, she just can't shake the memory of kissing Alex last summer, and the desire to do it again.

Can Jordyn find the courage to tell Alex how she really feels—and the truth about her famiy—before he slips away forever?




My Thoughts

Rating: 4.5/5 stars!

How To Say I Love You Out Loud is such a heartfelt story. It realistically portrays teenagers and their desire to fit in. It also deals with family relationships, emotions, and friendship in a beautiful way. I found the story very unique as we don't come across such YA stories that often nowadays. In a way, it reminded me of Wonder by R.J. Palacio, as someone who has been labeled as "different" navigates through teenage years, trying to be exactly like everyone else. 

Jordyn is a very likable character. The decisions she made throughout the book didn't annoy me so much. I understand that it won't be easy for anyone -- including me -- to disclose the fact that your brother is autistic to anyone. Even I've had many such monents in life when I just don't feel like sharing certain things with others. I'm sure many of you find that relatable, too.
Alex is such a swoon worthy character! He's a perfect book boyfriend in my opinion! :) He is very cute, lovable, and caring towards Jordyn. I really liked that about him.

Karole Cozzo has written a very realistic story. There were many ups and downs throughout the book, but overall, I found it very interesting, entertaining and meaningful. The romance was really cute and it didn't feel forced. I really enjoyed it! 

I highly recommend it to everyone who is looking for a good contemporary read! 

No comments :

Post a Comment