Friday, January 1, 2016

Top 5 Books of 2015!

Hey everyone! Nina here! You may have forgotten about me. It’s been a super long while since I’ve done a post here. I sincerely apologize—life including schoolwork and etc. just love to get in the way of my bookish responsibilities. If you follow me on Instagram then you probably already saw my Top 5 Favorite books of 2015. I thought I would do a more in-depth post about why I chose each of those books. So here we go!!

           1. The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter


This is the third installment in The White Rabbit Chronicles. We’ve already been introduced to all of the characters and we meet a few new ones as well. What can I say? This book was crazy, weird, heart-warming, intense, and SO emotional to sum up within a few words. I absolutely loved every moment of it. The action started right at the beginning, which I usually don’t prefer but because it was the third book in the series I definitely understood why it was done. I loved the romance and not just the main characters. EVERY single couple in this book pulled at the heartstrings. And that ending?! What was that?? It completely wrecked me. I got emotional even towards the “side” characters; but Showalter creates a believable story with believable characters. Characters who are so well-developed and put together that you never forget about them. And you want the absolute best for them because they are so real to you and in real life of course you never want anyone to get hurt. All in all, this novel was incredible. I totally recommend it. And it definitely deserves to be #1 on my list.


            2. On Dublin Street by Samantha Young



I actually have a review on Goodreads for this book if you want to check it out there! But basically I wanted something quick and light to read. I got the quick part and even though this book wasn’t exactly “light” (because of the heavy topics included) it was still highly enjoyable. The characters were funny and interesting and the plot just made me want to keep on reading. I couldn’t put this one down and before I knew it I was done. I enjoyed the steamy romance and how Young developed each of the character’s background so thoroughly. The only problem I had was how stubborn the main character was. But since it was towards the ending it wasn’t a huge problem. I definitely recommend this book, especially if you’re into New Adult.


3. Insanity by Cameron Jace


This book was CRAZY. And I LOVED it. I wasn’t so sure about this one at the very beginning when I first started reading it. I didn’t see how it had gotten so many great reviews on places like Amazon and Goodreads, I wanted to put it down for a while, or I just got too easily distracted by something else- it just didn’t capture my full attention. But then… As I kept reading things got interesting. TOO interesting. I loved the mystery behind the plot and all the clues and hints that were left for the main character to figure out. I loved the characters even though they weren’t the typical lovable type. I also loved how short the book was yet Jace does a great job of including a LOT into the plot. I definitely recommend this one if you’re looking for a fantastic Alice in Wonderland retelling!

        4.  Sweet Addiction by J. Daniels


This book completely caught me off guard with how amazing it was. I wasn’t expecting more than a quick steamy romance novel but was thrown in the face with so much more—and I’m glad! The characters were pretty enjoyable and the friendship between the main character and her best friend was hilarious! I loved their conversations. I also loved how this novel included just the right amount of drama. It wasn’t too much that it made the story unbelievable but enough to keep the story interesting. The main male character was also pretty great too *wink wink.* Definitely give this book a read if you’re looking for a quick, light, steamy New Adult novel!

     5.  Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury


My final read that made my list is Fahrenheit 451. This book definitely deserves to be classified as a classic. My absolute favorite thing about this book was how realistic it was even though it was supposed to be set in the future. The characters were so well-developed and I completely understood where each one of them was coming from and why they justified their “wrong” actions. I also loved the irony behind books being banned. It showed how humans destroyed the thing that made them feel weak and insecure even though people are the ones to have created books. Definitely read this one; even if it’s outside of your comfort zone, even if you don’t like classics, or even if you don’t like reading in general. Read this one.


So those were my Top 5 Favorite Books of 2015!! I hope you enjoyed reading this. I’ll see you in my next post!!

2 comments :

  1. I haven't read the Alice in Zombieland books yet...bUT I SERIOUSLY WANT TO BECAUSE I LOVE ALICE THINGS. Aaaand I have the author's newest book for review, so hopefully I'll love that and then move onto the zombie books. XD
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete