Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award


Thank you so much Brina at Brina's Books for tagging us!

Here are the rules:
  • Thank the blogger that nominated you and link their website.
  • Use the award’s logo on your post.
  • Answer the 10 questions provided by the blogger that tagged you.
  • Nominate 10 bloggers.
  • Ask them 10 questions.

Let's get started!


  • Who is your favorite female character? You can choose up to three.
Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series. Even though I haven't read the whole series yet, I absolutely love her character! Some of my other favorites are Lia from the Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson and Katy from the Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
  • What is, in your opinion, the most overhyped book?
For this one, I'd have to go with A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I didn't enjoy this book as much as I had anticipated, and I ended up putting it on hold as I didn't want to get into a reading slump. I know the majority of the people who have read it, loved it, but I just couldn't bring myself into reading it. I really liked Throne of Glass, and I guess I went into this book with too high expectations.
  • If you had to choose between only reading books from your favorite genre, or reading books from every other genre except your favorite, which would you choose? (Mention what your favorite genre is in the answer.)
I'd definitely prefer to read books from my favorite genre, i.e. Fantasy! What I love about Fantasy novels is that you can become completely immersed in a unique new world, which is usually full of magical creatures.
  • Do you listen to music while you read? If so, include a sample playlist in your answer.
No, I always read in silence. This allows me to be completely engrossed in the story and the fictional world.
  • Who is your favorite author?
Jennifer L. Armentrout. Hands down.
  • How many books do you own?
Somewhere around 115.
  • Do you prefer paperback, hardcover, or a mix of both?
I definitely prefer hardcovers over paperbacks! Even though paperbacks are less costlier, their covers tend to get folded very easily after reading, which I absolutely hate!
  • What is your favorite cover ever?
Honestly, I have way too many favorite book covers. :D There are so many gorgeous ones out there! But one of my absolute favorites is...


I really love gold font color on book covers, haha!

  • What five books would you recommend to someone who is new to reading and wants a healthy selection of genres, styles, etc, to choose from?
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Slammed by Colleen Hoover, and The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins!
  • What is your most anticipated book in the rest of 2015?
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon! It would be released on September 1st.
I've heard such great things about it from people who received ARCs from the publisher. I can't wait to get a copy in my hands!

Here are my questions for the nominees:
  1. What is your favorite reading spot?
  2. Do you eat snacks while reading?
  3. How many books have you read in 2015 so far?
  4. What book would you turn into a movie if you could?
  5. Who are your top three autobuy authors?
  6. If you could only read 5 books for the rest of your life, what would they be?
  7. What book(s) got you into reading?
  8. Who is your favorite male character?
  9. Do you read more in the morning or at night?
  10. Which is your least favorite read of 2015?

And the nominees are:

Cari and Haley @ My Addiction: Books
Preethi @ Time Turning Reads
Richa @ City of Books
Czarmaine @ Bookish Bananas

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for nominating us! Celaena, Lia, and Katy are some of my favorites as well :) That's sad that you couldn't really get into ACOTAR, I really want to read that one.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, lovely! Yes, they're amazing! Yeah, but I hope you like it. :)
      Thank you!

      Delete